Gemini New Moon Date and Time
Monday 30 May 2022
4:30 AM, West Coast, USA
7:30 AM, East Coast, USA
1:30 PM, Rome, Italy
9 degrees Gemini
Gemini New Moon
The energy of this new moon is social, dynamic, and proactive. There is an abundance of Gemini and Aries energy happening around us as we enter the first week of June.
Gemini is known for being witty, social, clever, curious, and astute in deal making. There is a duality to this sign that can represent two facets of a personality, twins, or literally two important things that are demanding your attention.
If you know Gemini people, think of the dual facets of their personality and you will understand the quality of Gemini energy. Sometimes it manifests as two different personalities in one, other times a person who does two jobs, or invests time in two hobbies.
Aries are fire signs. They are feisty folks. Always up for a challenge, love to take the lead, and sometimes move forward rashly without thinking. Aries is a sign of courage, independence, and bravery. If you need a bit of that in your life right now, you are in luck.
We have a significant presence of Aries energy working in tandem with the Gemini new moon. That energy will be around all of June for you to tap into as Mercury and Venus travel through Gemini and Mars and Jupiter travel through Aries.
You can put thought (Gemini, air, social, mental) and energy (Aries, fire, action, leading) together under this new moon that highlights Gemini and Aries.
It’s a great time to be social. Whether it’s with friends, family, colleagues, or all of the above, get social. If you have to make a presentation, it should go well during this time. If you can’t be social in person, get social online.
With the abundance of air (Gemini) and fire (Aries) it is a drying time. As I am writing this, we are experiencing a record setting heat wave. This heating up and drying out can be literal, like in the weather. And it can represent a metaphorical drying and heating. This drying vibe is boosted by a lack of planets moving through water signs at the moment.
You may be easier to anger and respond verbally than to internalize and suffer in silence. You may find it easier to express yourself and the right words are more accessible. You may also find that your words can be more harsh, aggressive, and hurtful.
If you already are quick to anger and often have to go back and apologize for words said in the heat of the moment, you may want to take heed in June to watch how you communicate with others.
However, if you typically wish you would have spoken up, or think of a good response after the fact, this new moon may help with your self-expression. This is a great time for any type of writing, communication, and presentations.
Keep in mind the Mercury retrograde and try three times more than usual to pre-manage any possible technological difficulties and delays. Give yourself plenty of extra time and build in buffer space before and after important meetings.
Remember the best way to use this energy is to embrace the Mercury retrograde quality that inserts the past into the present. Finish up unfinished projects, clear the air with people if something is lingering, and take current projects to a new phase.
Gemini New Moon: Idea Making and Action Taking
This is a great time to set your current action plans and to-do lists in motion for projects that were started before May of this year. That is because of the Mercury retrograde that ends on June 3. Wait at least a few days after Mercury retrograde ends to start something freshly new. I recommend waiting until mid-June.
Here is a link to all of the Mercury retrograde dates in 2022.
Mercury retrograde ask us to slow down, reflect, review, refine, and redesign things from the past. This can apply to relationships, events, home, finances, you name it. It’s best to launch and focus on brand new projects around mid-June, after Mercury is forward focused again.
Think about what is lingering in your life that needs to be wrapped up. The Gemini new moon on Monday and the days following are a good time to do that. With Gemini and Aries energy on tap, you could find the words and courage needed.
You may also have some unfinished business with people in your life, or even something internal within yourself that needs cleared up. Once you work through these things, you will create open space to propel you forward. This is an active time with lots of dynamic energy and ideas that can help you.
This new moon will help with your idea making and action taking. Capture your ideas on paper so you remember them. If they are brand new ideas, this is a good time to take action by researching and reconnaissance. Launch them mid-June or after.
If your ideas are about how to push forward unfinished projects, rearranging or redecorating, or clearing up things with others, go for it! It really is a good time to find creative ideas and problem solving, especially towards things from the past. And then to put those ideas into action.
The caveat is that Mercury retrograde. Aries is impulsive and wants to move forward at a fast pace. This is the difficulty of the Gemini new moon. Having the desire, inspiration, and energy to rush off on a new project. With Mercury retrograde saying to pace yourself and wrap up loose ends or old things first.
There can be frustration that comes with Mercury retrograde delays. Combine this with impatient Aries energy and bam, tensions flame, arguments happen, and patience is nowhere to be found. Try to be as aware as possible of your own actions and responses.
The key to successfully navigating this energy is to embrace assertiveness while drawing the line on aggression. It can be a fine line. Those who lack assertiveness and wish for more are in luck. While those who struggle with aggression are in for a challenging time managing anger.
Gemini New Moon Essential Oils
Every month I co-host a show called Natural Health and Astrology with Health Coach and Naturopath Annabelle Fraser. We talk about the emotional quality of the new moon and how to use essential oils to work with the lunar energy.
Gemini New Moon: ‘Idea Making and Action Taking’
Available now on my YouTube channel and Facebook Page
Annabelle’s essential oil choice for the new moon is a blend called ‘In Tune’ by doTerra. It combines Amyris, Patchouli, Frankincense, Lime, Ylang Ylang, Hawaiian Sandalwood, and Roman Chamomile essential oils. If you can get the roll-on blend, it can be a cost saver as some of these oils can be quite expensive.
Gemini energy can be quite scattered at times as it is an air sign and constantly thinking. Those born under the sign of Gemini regularly experience multiple thoughts at the same time. So much so they probably don’t even notice, it’s like a super power of the mind allowing them to have multiple conversations at the same time.
Those of us who aren’t used to it may want to ground ourselves and pace the heightened mental activity. This blend contains many grounding oils that help with over (and under) brain activity, focus, and concentration. This can help you focus all this dynamic and possibly scattered new moon energy.
This blend of essential oils can help with the mid-afternoon energy slump and align day dreamy emotional states into focus to help you take action. It helps take your idea making and turn them into action taking.
To use these essential oils, apply the diluted blend to the back of your neck, spine, and bottoms of your feet.
You can contact Annabelle for purchasing doTerra essential oils. She can send them anywhere in the world with a promotional discount.
Check out this month’s Gemini new moon video on my YouTube channel or Astrology Facebook page where we go into more detail on the energetic vibe of the Gemini new moon. For more information on natural health and gut health, contact Annabelle, or join her private Facebook group Natural Health Italy.
Gemini New Moon Intentions
- Do your new moon intentions during the new moon phase, be sure you start after it begins.
- Connect with others.
- Do your new moon intentions with a close friend or group of friends.
- Write write write! Gemini is gifted with the clever and witty communicative nature of Mercury.
- Watch uplifting movies about friendship that have a comedy component. Even better to watch with others.
- Use focusing and grounding essential oils in a diffuser.
- Gemini is an air sign, it’s a great time to freshen up the air you breathe. Get away from smog and city air into the countryside or oceanside. Do what you can to get fresh clean air in your lungs.
- Organize and clean with natural products like lemon.
- Reorganize or rearrange your home, office, closet, etc.
Gemini New Moon ideas for the next 2 weeks
- Write an article you have been meaning to write.
- Present something you have been working on.
- Gemini is a Mercury sign. Mercury represents learning, communication, and commerce. What do you have going on in these areas of your life? Do something to move these projects forward.
- Get social, whether in person or on social media, this is a good time to reach out to others.
- Try to close a deal you have been working on.
- Mercury will go direct during this two week phase. Pay extra attention to details, communication, and transportation during this tricky time.
- This is a good time to take advantage of the last week of the retrograde to clear the air with someone about something unfinished from the past.
- You may be more creative during this time when it comes to projects that you want to bring to completion, go for it!
- Remember to take short breaks and pauses so you don’t over do it.
- Get an air purifier for your home.
- Open the windows and air out your home.
- Get one of those free apps that reports on the daily air quality for where you live.
- Get involved in activism for clean air, and improving the future as it relates to climate change.
- There is a greater chance of overdoing things so if you engage in any unhealthy habits or substance abuse, be diligent about caring for yourself.
‘Ideas are like slippery fish. They seem to have a peculiar knack of getting away from us. Because of this, the creative person always has a pad and a pencil handy. When he gets an idea, he writes it down. He knows that many people have found their whole lives changed by a single great thought. By capturing ideas immediately, he doesn’t risk forgetting them.’-Earl Nightingale
‘This is my answer to the gap between ideas and action – I will write it out.’-Hortense Calisher
Gemini New Moon Questions and Journaling Prompts
- What projects are you most excited to work on or finish up?
- When was the last time you learned something new? Write about the experience and how it made you feel.
- What are your greatest desires that you have been thinking about over the last year and are you taking action on them? If not, what step can you take now to move forward?
We have a dynamic and social new moon kicking off the month of June. It is a time for gathering with your friends, family, and colleagues. Finishing up projects, clearing the air, and taking things to the next step are the best places to focus this energy. Kick off brand new things after the Mercury retrograde in mid-June.