Aquarius Full Moon Dates and Times
Thursday or Friday, August 11 or 12
6:36pm, West Coast, USA
9:36 PM, East Coast, USA
3:36 AM, Friday, 12 August Rome, Italy
19 degrees Aquarius
Aquarius Full Moon Overview
This month’s Aquarius full moon is a culmination of the energy we experienced at the beginning of August. There were pattern breaking energies that have been active all through 2021. These energies stepped down a notch in the early part of 2022.
That 2021 pattern breaking energy has heated up again in July and August 2022 bringing some literal thunderstorms and fire. This is mostly reflected by a connection in the sky between Uranus, the planet of disruption and sudden and unexpected change connecting with Saturn, the planet of structure, constriction, and consolidation, and Mars, the planet of action, spark, and drive.
When Uranus and Saturn meet, it’s like the traditional CEO trying to run an organization like it has for decades who has a new chairman of the board demanding growth oriented change, reform, and doing things a new way. One holding on to the past with a tight grip and the other pushing for innovative change.
To understand this energy more, read about it in my blog about Saturn and Uranus here. When Mars enters the mix it is like a match to the fire. There is more energy to fuel the tension and push for taking action to break up the old patterns and to help reinforce the change makers to steady their course.
Full Moons are about releasing, culminations or endings, compromise, making choices, and bursting with energy. The days before and after the Full Moon are full of energy that matures and becomes full of wisdom.
We have two weeks before this particular moon phase cycles into the next phase at the new moon. The Aquarian full moon is a time of stuck patterns coming to light even if you have been resisting seeing them.
For others, it can be that you have been implementing change around something in your life and you are now starting to ‘see the light’ under the bright reflection of the Aquarius full moon.
Aquarius is known for being innovative, reform oriented, having brilliant flashes of insight, being able to approach things objectively, and considers the whole while remaining fiercely independent.
Aquarius Full Moon: Doing Things Differently for a New Outcome
In psychotherapy we have a system called Solution Focused Therapy. Most coaches do this in some shape or form, and for good reason, it focuses on finding solutions. One of the things I really like about this system is one of its core concepts:
To get a different outcome, do something different.
It sounds like a no-brainer, right? It’s not. Why? Because we are humans and we tend to get stuck in what we think is ‘right.’ Please no self-berating here, we all do it from time to time. Some get stuck more often, and some are more adaptable. The point it that we are not always aware that we are resisting change.
That is where astrology can help in a way other approaches cannot. Astrology works with timing and the quality of energy in any given time period. The July and August 2022 time period is one that can really work best with this idea of doing something different if you want a different outcome for stuck patterns in your life.
It is usually an unconscious thing where we want a different outcome, but don’t notice that we keep going about getting that different outcome in the same way. Times like this call for new solutions.
Sometimes we think that what we are doing should work, so we keep trying over and over and over. At some point, we want to be able to recognize that our outcome isn’t going to change if we don’t change that approach.
The new moon that happened at the end of July highlighted this message. It was focused on self-expression in the sign of Leo. Aquarius is the opposite sign of Leo and the new moon phase that took place two weeks ago.
The energetic vibe of the start of this moon cycle, the new moon in Leo on July 28, was a starting point, or new phase in a cycle. Think back to what happened at the end of July. That was the start of this cycle and now we approach the middle of the cycle. Can you connect what is happening now to two weeks ago?
If you did not become aware of some pattern that needed adjustment, this Aquarius full moon should shed some light. If you became aware of something that needed adjustment in your life and your self-expression at the end of July, more information could be coming to light at the Aquarius full moon.
The Aquarius full moon is a potent one for pushing us to grow and change. There is tension built into the full moon. It takes tension to draw our attention to needed change. The positions of the planets in the sky are sending a clear message, it’s time to break old out worn patterns.
It’s time to open up to new ways of doing things. And when you open to something new, there is a great possibility of new insights that will allow you to move forward and grow. Staying stuck may not be an option if external things are happening to you in your life outside of your control.
How you perceive these circumstances will say a lot about what will happen. If you are still reading this blog, it indicates that you are looking for a solution. That you want to find a way to bring change that results in relief, achievement, and satisfaction.
The process may not be easy, but if you do the work, it will be rewarding. Making change, accepting change, or embracing change are easier said than done. This quote from Carl Jung captures this perfectly:
‘That which we resist, persists.’
Whether you are the change bringer, the change receiver, or change observer, there is a pattern breaking energy of change surrounding all of us. You may be a change bystander, observing some unusual events around you.
However it appears in your life, one thing is certain. Approaching the same situation in the same way will bring the same results. In areas of life in need of change, something is going to initiate that change if you don’t initiate it yourself.
We can try to hold on tightly to the same way of doing things. Or try something new. Trying something new is the path to a new outcome. Trial and error are ways of figuring out what brings you closer to what you want, and what takes you further away.
Patience may be difficult to hold on to during this time. Change is scary no matter how fierce and brave we are. It is even more difficult when we encounter resistance from others who aren’t yet ready to embrace change with you.
I am not one for sugar coating things. It’s important to understand the type of energies the sky is showing us so we can best use them as we wield our free will to improve our lives and our emotional well-being.
Look out for those pattern breaking events happening in your life. Look out for change resistant behaviors that can come from within you and from others. Watch out for joining a group of others resistant to change.
Take extra time for your own self-care and well-being if you are one of the change makers. It can be taxing to try and help reform something when the benefactors aren’t ready for what you are proposing.
You may push for change while others resist or stubbornly resist change thrust upon us. If you are in this situation, you may have to think of a different way to approach the situation. Otherwise your great idea could be undermined by those who do not agree or understand.
This energy calls for approaching solutions in a new way. A way that has not been used before. I talk more about this in my Aquarius full moon video. You can watch it here on YouTube.
Full Moon Phase and Essential Oils for Emotional Regulation
Every new and full moon I make a video about the energetic vibes of the moon phase and essential oils we can use to support our emotions through the process. You can watch it on my new YouTube channel. Please subscribe and you will be notified each time I post a new video.
Lavender is one of the best essential oils to have on hand because it helps support our emotions in many different ways. It is known for its calming effect and is used to help manage stress. This is perfect for times of stress and anxiety related to change. It is uplifting and calming.
Peppermint is known for having adaptive, invigorating, and cooling effects. If you are making change, or experiencing change outside of your control, this oil can help support you.
Frankincense is a spiritual essential oil with a history connected to royalty, religion, and spiritual rituals. It is known to enhance other oils and has properties that support meditation, prayer, focus, and emotional balance.
Use these oils together as a blend or individually in your diffuser. Remember to dilute in a carrier oil before using on your skin.
Aquarius Full Moon Inspirational Quote
‘Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.’-Dalai Lama
‘Resistance is never the agent of change. You have to embrace the actions that are going to get you closer to your goal.’-Ali Vincent
‘We cannot become what we need to by remaining what we are.’-Oprah Winfrey
‘You’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page.’-Tori Amos (Northern Lad)
Aquarius Full Moon Ideas
On the Full Moon
- Do the Full Moon ritual for the air element.
- Focus on clearing away mental distractions and obstacles that are in the way of achieving what is important to you. Think of this exercise as a purification process.
- Journal about what has been irritating you in the last few weeks.
- Breaking patterns is a process. Take stock of your situation under the light of the full moon. This full moon can offer insight if you are open to new ways of doing things and looking at your situation from a different perspective.
- Open the windows and let in some fresh air.
- Get outside and take a walk if the weather permits.
- If a situation is culminating in a stressful way in your life, rely on facts and rational thought. It’s time to evaluate if you are resisting change or others are resisting needed changes that you are bringing.
- If it’s the first situation, meditate on opening, accepting, and embracing new ways of approaching the situation.
- If it’s the second situation, stand strong and hold your ground. Be empathetic to those resisting change and try to calmly explain the big picture and the why. Sometimes it helps to relieve the fear of change that humans tend to have. You may need to slow down and see what the universe is telling you. Maybe there are some minor updates that will make your changes even better.
Things to Do between the Full Moon and next New Moon
- Be aware of the possibility of power plays so you can defuse them early. These power plays may have started at the Leo new moon. Disengage from power plays and focus on situations that move you closer to your desired goals and outcomes.
- This energetic vibe of breaking patterns and habits is strong in August, practice reframing any negative language you are using toward yourself and replace it with reframed and positive self-talk.
- This is a great time for brainstorming on new ways of doing things that are stuck. If there are things in your life that are stuck or not moving in the right direction, take some time to come up with new ideas. Like the cliche of thinking outside of the box.
- Go on a spiritual quest with a local or online group that focuses on expanding your spirituality and opening your mind to new possibilities.
- Do something bizarre, eclectic, or off beat. Could be a unique art show, street fair, poetry reading, open mic, or improv. The more offbeat, the more interesting, and the more your mind may be open to seeing things differently.
- Network with others of like interest. This is especially important if you are the agent of change and finding it difficult to address resistance you are encountering with others. A supportive group who understands what you are going through can also offer you some wise advice.
- Aquarius is a sign that is interested in helping a group of people and humanitarian work. These next two weeks are a great time to volunteer with an organization or help a group of people in some way.
- Celebrate your uniqueness and allow your unique qualities to shine.
- Reach out and join new groups who are stimulating and encourage you to find your unique voice.
Aquarius Full Moon Journaling Prompts
- Looking back to the last two weeks, did something unexpected happen?
- Did it change something routine in your life?
- Are there things you are trying to change and you are encountering resistance?
- Are there changes that you feel are being imposed on you that you don’t want?
- In either case, think about ways to resolve the irritation by doing something different than before and write them down. Take action on any idea that will bring resolution by doing something different.
- Write about the people in your life that are supportive and helpful to you in times of need.
- What are your unique qualities?
- Do you allow those qualities to shine through your personality or do you hide them away?
- How can you allow the uniqueness of you to thrive?
Astrology of the Aquarius Full Moon
- Saturn 22 Aquarius conjunct Full Moon 19 Aquarius
- Full Moon 19 Aquarius opposite Sun 19 Aquarius
- Uranus 18 Taurus T square Full Moon 19 Aquarius and Sun 19 Leo
- Mars 25 Taurus conjunct Uranus 18 Taurus separating
- Venus has moved into 0 Leo separating from opposition to Pluto 26 Capricorn just a few days prior 26 Cancer
Though there can be tension at the full moon, it is a pattern breaking type of vibe that can help you see where something in life is stuck. It can help you slow down if you are making change and experiencing resistance in some way so that you can see where some updates are needed in your plan.
Change is often inevitable. Flow with the rhythm of life and time by entering this time period with an open mind and a willingness to be open to change. If you are struggling with how this energy is showing up in your life, book an astrology consultation with me. Happy Aquarius full moon!